‘Invisible’ Helpers!

This is an eye-witness account and testimony to the fact that we are all able to receive help and guidance in our darkest times if we can only search out this truth. To explore and develop a good rapport with those angelic beings, those more highly evolved spiritually – in that which we refer to quite often as that ‘higher life’- that other dimension of life after this physical life is done with!

I was lying on the specially constructed upper body mould in the radiation machine room. It had taken a good hour to organise how to ensure that I would ‘lie’ down in exactly the right placed every day for the radiation to hit the right spots as measured and marked by operatives the week before. As my particular body doesn’t conform to even the usually one-side-different – to-the-other norm it was quite a performance.

I had gone to the doctor’s some years back complaining of increased discomfort on one side of my chest. He’d taken a look, said, “Well your spine is crooked so your ribs are working and affecting the cartilage – so it would uncomfortable. Here have this diagram of a skeleton – see that’s what it should look like.”

“Thanks”, I said as I left his surgery.

I knew I had fused vertebrae that had reduced my original adult height – but now I knew I really was officially ‘bent’…

And then there were my legs – one shorter than the other by over an inch. Then there was my neck that had collapsed sideways in 1968 for a few weeks. GAK they called it at the time ‘God Alone Knows’. In those days doctors didn’t expect to know everything… It gradually righted itself, although not altogether and having it jumped on by a 15 stone man who was trying to kill me in 1977 hadn’t helped either.

So with poly-arthritis having set in 30 years before, there I was, looking for all the world like a beetle on its back, having post operative radiotherapy after having a 60mm but still miraculously pre invasive cancer of the breast cut out with clear margins. I’d been given a pre-radiotherapy treatment chat with reasons for pursuing it and given an information sheet with those listed – and a resume of side effects – including ‘late onset malignancy’ – development of cancer caused by said radiation, some, unspecified, years down the line.

Well, I thought, at my age that may well not be an issue. As for the others, I would take a chance…

I’d been having healing from Cathy Gibb every day since finding the lump in my breast earlier in November.

Then came a visit to the doctor’s; referral, diagnosis involving ultrasound, mammograms, biopsies, MRI scan, consultants, surgeons, and the operation proper taking place 2 months later. So, here I was on just the second day of the treatment having spent a night of interrupted sleep, weird nightmares, more than usual visits to the bathroom and very tired.

In fact I was surprised to be feeling quite so unwell and fatigued for no apparent reason quite so quickly. Oh well, I’ll just get over it I told myself, and with all the help I’ve been getting from our friends in spirit I should be able to manage. Having received healing from Cathy in the morning, we’d trotted off – driven off – for my late afternoon appointment on that first day. Cathy helped me take my top off in the changing cubicle and gave me a two minute burst of healing. She said she saw a purple sheet of colour and described it as a shield.

When I had been prepared in the correct position, the radiographers left the room to commence. I was looking up at a beautiful picture of a tree and began to go over the words of a hymn when suddenly I heard the voice of a special guide. Not given the time to recover from the surprise, I was told that I had to get on and do the next lot of work, and more words to that effect. By the time he’d finished the conversation, even though I’d been told by the radiographers that it would be a longer session as this was the first one and I was having x-rays as well, it was only a minute before they came back into the room to say it was completed.

It was quite a feat getting me up from my ‘shell’ but accomplished by dint of sliding a blade under my shoulders and levering me up. I felt good as well as feeling fairly chipper physically. The aches and pains weren’t too bad, just a bit of extra stiffness, and I was pleased with my conversation with spirit. By the time I’d reached home I was beginning to feel a bit ‘strange’. Fuzzy headed and tired, and within my body I was experiencing symptoms like I used to have during what they call a rheumatoid flare-up.

Carrot & Lentil Soup

I had some soup, Cathy gave me some more healing and I went to bed. After what turned out to be an extremely jumbled 18 hours, I had another appointment. So, the next morning, we made an early start after prayers and more healing. The atmosphere in the waiting room was positively party-like. Lots of patients with and without accompanying friends and relatives exchanged banter – one chap joking about having to drink so much water and no alcohol.

Then my name was called. So there I was, determined to overcome the feelings of general unwellness, tiredness and nausea, that seemed to be threatening to overwhelm me but trusting the Holy Spirit to be with me whatever I had to endure and whatever the outcome.

I decided to close my eyes and meditate. Straight away that same guide was communicating with me. Then I got one of those excruciating cramps in my legs and feet that happen from time to time on this occasion in my right foot, and as I didn’t want to stop the treatment proceeding – I asked Spirit for help. Sathya Sai Baba came to the foot of the bed and the pain immediately stopped. He just smiled and left while my guides were still talking about their plan. This included planting a Silver Birch, or two, in my garden, writing another book and opening another church.

Interestingly they do not call this a centre…

Sathya Sai Baba

They also talked about continuing education and healing through mediumship. I was to relay more of their teachings verbatim to be spread abroad. They spoke glowingly of The Spirit Messenger and its producer. When the session of radiation ended I was somewhat disorientated. Wandering back to the waiting room, I was stopped by one of the radiographers – “You’ve forgotten your clothes”…

I was still in my dressing gown. After that everything was a blur. The day before we’d stopped for a coffee prior to leaving the hospital – there was no question of that happening after the second day’s visit.

This day on arriving home, I had a cup of tea and went to bed. Cathy gave me some more healing and I went to sleep. The rest of that day and night and the following day was like living in a fog. Every unconscious hour threw up nightmarish visions that I had to consciously deal with on waking. I lost track of time and didn’t know where the light switch was in the kitchen… I knew through it all that my friends in spirit were there holding a watching brief – Cathy administered healing on their behalf – and by midnight on the vernal equinox, I at last fell asleep and slept through until my normal waking time of around 6am.

After the usual prayers I resolved to get on with the plan I’d had outlined to me in the radiotherapy room. I put pen to paper. That day I decided not to continue with the radiation sessions. The Registrar phoned me to ask what was wrong and why I wasn’t attending as planned. I related my list of intolerable symptoms in particular my inability to think straight. He said it can’t possibly be the radiotherapy. It’s too soon and you’ve only had two treatments. When I told him that perhaps my underlying medical condition may have caused such a fast reaction, he stated – as he said – hand on heart it couldn’t be the radiotherapy and if it was I’d be one in millions to experience it, and that he had never heard of such an occurrence.

I looked up side effects on the net – and found a detailed account of the symptoms that together are under the one heading, ‘fatigue’ in the list originally discussed with me and described there as ‘tiredness’… It also said that these symptoms can onset suddenly after some length of radiation treatments – 3 weeks/15 sessions or longer – and can last up to a year. Every single symptom I relayed to him including a feeling of being overwhelmed with mental and physical exhaustion was there in black and white. I believe that I was given that early onset to save me for the work I was told while I was lying on that table that I still have to do.

I believe that because of my usual state of decrepitude that it might have possibly seen me off physically and definitely impaired me mentally! So as I always preach, we have to look for the blessing in the curse!

The Spirit Guide’s Address

Beloveds, we are so pleased to be able to speak with you today as we have in times gone past. We greet all of you workers for the light dwelling in the darkness of the earth plane, we who dwell in what you may call the Beyond – the realms of light and love. We ask you to cast aside the petty bickering of internecine factions and look toward co-operation with your fellow Spiritualists and to remember the spiritual element which is now so often sadly lacking.

We wish to thank all our healers and mediums who do so much good in your world and the light that they emit is most certainly both seen and welcomed in our world – the world unseen by so many.

We wish you to know that we do care still and wish to deliver a modicum of heavenly knowledge to dissipate the ills of a still ignorant – of – our – truths world in which you live. If you knock so the door shall be opened unto you, if you seek you shall find, and all that you ask in the name of love and light and truth shall be granted to you.

We look forward to sharing the greater knowledge that exists in the universe but only that which will benefit humankind and the creatures over whom it has charge. Go in peace.

Published by revlyngdes

I am first minister of the New Spiritualists Society UK. I have been in Spiritualism for many years and have utilised my journalistic skills - I was a sports journalist both freelance and publishing editor of Sportswoman magazine and managing editor of Sportsworld among other publications. I won Magazine Sportswriter of the Year in 1988 and had the book Women and Sport published in the same year. In 1994 I edited the SNU newsletter New Communicator and in 1996 I was appointed editor of old established weekly Spiritualist newspaper Psychic News. I contribute to Psychic World quarterly and compile and edit the community magazine Littleport Life. I was a speed skater and ice hockey player and ran a speed club and ice hockey club. I also became a coach and referee. I am president of the Great Britain Bandy Association which I founded and director of the Ice Arena Project. I am PO for the Littleport Society and Chair of the Scout and Guide Hut committee. I am mother of 6, grandmother and great grandmother. I am married to my partner of 37 years Cathy.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: